How to use the microscope software and record data
How to use the Microscope software
- Download the microscope manual and software from com
- Navigate to download-toproview.com
- Select DigiCapture pro software for Windows, or Mac
- The security on your computer may stop you from running the program, you need to accept that the program is safe.
If you do not want to use the software for the microscope, you may use
- Camera built into Microsoft
- PhotoBooth in Apple mac, if you have upgraded you MAC software, then photobooth does not work with external camera. The fix is to go the PhotoBooth in the application folder, duplicate the program and then run the duplicated program. There is a bug with the Apple OS software.
Run the Digi Capture program to load onto your computer, your computer security software will warn you not to run the program, you need to accept the software.
- Run the software on your computer, Press Esc to exit full screen
- In the system setting wheel, set the highest possible resolution 2592 x 1944
- Format MJPG
- Photo format PNG
- On the top menu FILE, click on Photos directory and select New Folder. Select a new folder location and name. This could be GOESproject on your desktop. This will now be the location where the photos will be stored. Click open to return the DigiCapture pro screen
- On the top File menu click on Photos directory again, 4 x folders will have been created. Names Photo1 Photo2 Photo3 Photo4, the photos will all appear under Photo1, so delete Photos2,3 and 4, and change the name of photo1 to date format 02/03/2022, use /1 for day and /2 for night, then click open to return to the DigiCapture screen
- Pres ESC to exit full screen mode, click the open folder icon and take the 5 x photos of each of the 5mm diameter holes on the filter cartridge. The photos will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on one of the photos and select SAVE ALL
- Make sure the photos have been saved in the correct folder, and then from the DigiCapture screen
- Once you have your 5 x photos from the one sample, it is then best to transfer to the word doc data collection sheet.
- In the photo folder, select the first photo that you wish to transfer. Click on the photo to open the image, copy the image, and then paste it into the word doc table. Click on a corner of the photo and drag it to reduce the size, then place into the correct table cell
- The image size is about 16Mb and when pasted into the word doc table, the original size should be 340mm x 457mm. It is important that you keep this size of the original image. As a back-up keep a copy of each sample set of 5 photos in a folders given the date format
Life on earth depends upon healthy Oceans, we have 10 years to stop toxic chemical pollution, or life on earth may become impossibleDr. Howard Dryden, CSO
Roslin Innovation Centre
The University of Edinburgh
Easter Bush Campus
Midlothian EH25 9RG